Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 28 May 2017
Urology is the field of surgery that deals with the diseases of urinary tracts in males and females, and of the male reproductive system. Urologists commonly deal with problems of kidneys, bladder, prostate and testis.
If you would like to contact a urology consultant at UHB, please see the urology section of the consultant directory.
For urology patient information and factsheets please see the urology patient information page.
Treatments, services and advice offered at UHB
- Bladder stones
- Cancer of the bladder
- Laparoscopic Radical cystectomy
- Intravesical installations
- Cancer of the kidney
- Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy
- Cancer of the prostate
- Laparoscopic Radical prostatectomy
- Transrectal biopsy of the prostate
- Cancer of the testicle
- Retroperitoneal Lymphnode dissection (RPLND)
- Diagnostic endoscopy of the bladder (Cystoscopy)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Incontinence urinary
- Male sling
- Artificial urinary sphincter
- Urodynamic studies
- Botox injection
- Benign Prostate problems
- Endoscopic prostate surgery (TURP)
- Medical treatment
- Suprapubic catheter
- Treatment of kidney stones
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL or keyhole surgery to remove stones)
- Ureteroscopy and laser treatment
- Dietary advice
- Advice for patients with renal colic
- Advice for patients with stent
- Urinary tract infection
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.