Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 3 June 2020
Benefits of volunteering
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) is the city's first new acute hospital for 70 years.
Being a volunteer at QEHB gives you the opportunity to enhance the experience of our patients and their families and support the staff who care for them.
There are many benefits to being a volunteer at QEHB. Many volunteers tell us that they have been able to:
- put something back into the community
- help someone and make a difference
- put a smile on someone’s face
- feel valued
- extend their social networks
- develop personal and social skills
- make new friends
- gain confidence and self esteem
- experience working in a hospital environment
- increase their employment opportunities
- increase their health and wellbeing
- feel part of a team
- find quality time away from work or busy lives
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.