Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 14 July 2020
1. Club contacts Birmingham Sport Concussion Clinic (BSCC)
Club contacts BSCC at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) by emailing Liz Hall.
2. Referral procedures
- Referral letter to be emailed to Liz Hall
- HIAs/COGSPORT/SCAT3 to be collected by the club if used
- MRI (brain plus cervical spine) arranged by BSCC at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) if indicated
- Alternatively, club may arrange an MRI scan with their preferred provider
Player attends with a member of the club's medical team to have:
- Computerised neuropsychometrics and neuropsychology screen
- HIA/SCAT3 if not already collected
- Self-reported concussion outcome questionnaires
- Consultant review
- Blood tests as indicated
5. Treatment plan
Full treatment plan provided to the club.
If required, treatment provided by BSCC can include:
- MSK consult
- Referral to other specialty (Maxillofacial, Ophthalmology, Spinal, ENT, Endocrinology)