Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 28 November 2020
The main functions of the Communications Department include:
- generating positive media coverage for University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) through promoting good news stories
- handling all media enquiries and ensuring journalists receive a timely and effective service
- co-ordinating publicity campaigns, media releases, photo opportunities and media interviews
- identifying experts within UHB to talk to the media on a range of specialist subjects
- ensuring the Trust maintains a professional, corporate image
- producing corporate publications, including: the staff weekly bulletin, In the Loop; the hospital newspaper, news@QEHB; and the membership magazine, Trust in the Future
- managing the Trust's website, intranet and social media channels
- promoting good community relations between the Trust and local communities
- engaging with the Trust's Governors and extensive membership network
- promoting the Trust and fostering good relationships with local GP practices and primary care trusts
- producing patient information, leaflets and posters and other publicity material
- delivering content to Trust screensavers and digital signs
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.