Booking fit test training
Last updated: 12 July 2021 at 13:50
If you are a member of staff working in areas that require FFP3 respiratory masks, you can now book fit test training by contacting the Fit Testing Team on:
Please state the site you are based at and provide a couple of date and time availabilities. The team will then allocate a slot for you.
Please remember, when attending training you must ensure that you:
- Bring your payroll number, so the Fit Testing team can update your Easy Learning record after the training
- Bring eye glasses if you usually wear them at work
- Bring goggles/visors if you need to wear them at work
- Tie your hair up
Please note: it is not possible to provide a compliant fit test for a FFP3 respirator mask if you wear a head covering such as a turban, or have facial hair. You can, however, wear a respirator hood. More information on respirator hoods can be found under "Related pages".
As a reminder, you should be fit tested if:
- You have lost/gained a significant amount of weight, causing your face to change shape
- You have had nasal/dental/facial surgery which has changed the shape of your face
- There have been changes to the make and/or model of the mask that is available
As a rule, you should be fit tested every two years for each type of FFP3 mask you are wearing. If you do not believe you have had a session within that time frame for a specific mask that comes into stock at the Trust, you must get a fit test booked in.