Taking off PPE
Last updated: 28 October 2021 at 20:17
PPE should be removed in an order that minimises the potential for cross-contamination. Staff should remove PPE in the following order:
Before leaving the side room
- Remove gloves and gown by rolling inside out. Dispose in orange clinical waste.
- Perform hand hygiene (use alcohol gel if no facility to wash hands)
- Remove visor only by the headband or sides and dispose in orange clinical waste
After leaving the area
- Remove FFP3 mask from behind and dispose of as clinical waste.
- If using a hood decontaminate with a Clinell wipe and do not dispose
- Perform hand hygiene