Completing a handover is an important part of the leaving process.
Handovers help to ensure that key tasks and work priorities are confirmed. Key information can then be passed onto anyone recruited into the role.
Handovers should cover the following key information:
- Meeting dates, or regular meetings that take place
- Important contacts and their contact details
- Any outstanding actions or key pieces of work
- Calendar of forthcoming events or deadlines
- Management responsibility that needs to be handed over (i.e. appraisal dates for staff or absence reviews etc.)