Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 21 October 2020
Kidney Patients' Association
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kidney Patients' Association (QEHKPA) provides help and support to kidney patients, their carers and family at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB).
The QEHKPA is a registered charity that raises funds for equipment to help improve a patients experience. The charity also offers support to research projects at QEHB and funds patient outings and holidays.
The charity was founded in 1981 and the number of renal patients treated at QEHB now totals over 2200. This includes both home and unit dialysis patients and transplant patients.
The Kidney Matters newsletter is published regularly by the QEHKPA and provides information to patients and members of the charity.
Aims of the Kidney Patients' Association
- Ensure a patient's time at QEHB or dialysis unit is as comfortable as possible by supporting hospital services
- Raise awareness of the need for organ donation
- Increase public knowledge of kidney disease
- Provide information for patients and carers
- Make sure patients' views are heard in the development of treatments and services through the West Midland Renal Network and the National Kidney Federation
- Offer a peer support programme where patients and carers can talk in confidence to other patients and carers
For more information on the QEHKPA or to share patient experiences, please visit the Kidney Matters website or read the latest newsletter* (see links below). Back issues of the Kidney Matters newsletter are also available from the Kidney Matters website.
* University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the contents of the Kidney Matters newsletter and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed therein.
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that links to other websites will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of external web pages.
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.