Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 23 September 2021
Facilities, research and performance
We provide to our patients:
- access to a 100 bedded intensive care facility
- a 36 bedded ward
- ambulatory care facilities
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is the leading teaching hospital in the West Midlands and is a specialist centre for liver medicine.
In 2007 we received "excellent" ratings in the Healthcare Commission's first Annual Health Check - making it the top-performing trust in the West Midlands and in the top 20 in the country.
Our waiting times at the Liver and Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Unit are also excellent:
- The average waiting time to see a consultant is two weeks
- The average waiting time for surgery is under two weeks
- Patients with suspected cancer are usually seen within five days, but always within 10 days of their referral
The Birmingham Liver and HPB Unit, which is highly regarded for its academic work, maintains strong links with the Cancer Research Campaign, the Liver Research Group and the University of Birmingham.
Our specialists are internationally recognised for their work and expertise, and our continued medical research ensures that we provide the most sophisticated and successful treatment for our patients.
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.