Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 26 May 2020
The Medicines Information department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital provides a service to health care professionals at UHB, Primary Care Trusts and members of the public. The MI department answer enquiries and offer advice on all aspects of drug use including:
- drug interactions
- adverse drug reactions
- compatibilities of parenteral drugs
- administration of IV solutions
- dosing and frequency of medicines
- safety of drugs in pregnancy/lactation
- safety of drugs in impaired renal/hepatic function
- administration of medication via enteral feeding tubes
- identity of foreign drugs
- provision of proactive information for both pharmacy staff and other health care professionals
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.