Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 2 June 2020
The Norman Power Centre (NPC) visiting times
Patient visiting suspended
If you are unwell or have any of the coronavirus symptoms listed on the NHS website, you must not visit the hospital. Please use other ways of keeping in touch with your loved ones, such as phone and video calls.
Visits from all friends and relatives of patients are currently suspended on all our hospital sites, except in the following circumstances:
- A parent or guardian visiting their child
- A parent or guardian accompanying a child to any clinically necessary consultations that may still be taking place
- Birthing partners - during labour/birth only (no visitors allowed on the postnatal or antenatal wards or during appointments)
- Visitors to patients in a critical condition who may be at the end of their life ‐ in these difficult and upsetting circumstances, the ward will contact the patient’s next of kin and we will try our best to accommodate them wherever possible
- Advocates/visitors who are required to make decisions on behalf of patients who do not have the capacity to make decisions for themselves
Please contact the ward or department in advance to discuss appropriate visiting arrangements.
On arrival to any ward or department, any of the acceptable visitors stated above should immediately wash their hands and report to a senior sister or charge nurse. Visitors must also wash their hands or use the hand gel when they leave wards
Thank you for your continued support with this difficult decision that will help us to better protect staff, visitors and patients from infection.