Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 10 August 2020
The Audiology team
There are five main groups of staff who work at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Audiology Centre.
- Administrators book patient appointments and deal with any queries
- Audiology assistants
- Audiology assistants have been trained within the department and work in hearing aid repair services
- Audiologists are professionally qualified to graduate level and work predominantly with adult patients
- Clinical scientists
- Clinical scientists are also professionally qualified to graduate level, and assess patients as well as being involved with other areas of departmental work, e.g. research and service development
- Hearing therapists
- Hearing therapists are professionally qualified to provide advice and use counselling skills to help patients overcome a range of hearing difficulties
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Audiology Centre has achieved national accreditation with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). Accreditation number: IQIPS 7978.