Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 24 October 2020
Preparing for your visit
- Arrange for a friend or relative to collect you in a car or taxi, and to stay at home with you for at least 24 hours after your operation. We do not advise the use of public transport
- It is unwise to smoke or to drink alcohol for at least two days before your anaesthetic
- Remember not to eat or drink before your operation if told not to
- Please bath or shower on the morning of your operation
- Remove all make-up, nail varnish and jewellery. If you wear contact lenses, these will have to be removed prior to the operation
- Please do not bring anything of value with you
- If you need to bring your mobile phone with you, it must be turned off at all times while in the hospital. Mobile phones can interfere with medical equipment
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
See why our hospitals are great places to work.