Send a message to a loved one
As all-but-essential visiting has been suspended on our hospital sites during the ongoing coronavirus situation, we'd like to make it easier for you to keep in touch with your friends or family members while they're in hospital.
Many patients will be able to pick up the phone and call or message their friends and family members themselves. However, not all will be able to do this.
If you would like to send a message or a letter to a loved one who is currently an inpatient in one of our hospitals please email it to Lettersforlovedones@uhb.nhs.uk.
- At the beginning of your letter or message, please list:
- the patient's full name
- the patient's date of birth or address, if known
- the hospital site and ward
- We will only accept messages addressed to specific patients from their family members or friends. We will not accept letters addressed to an anonymous patient, and will be unable to pass them on
- Please note, email is not a guaranteed secure method of communication. Personal or sensitive information is sent by email at the sender's own risk.
The Patient Experience team will print out your message and deliver it to the ward. If the patient is well enough, they can read it themselves. If not, a member of hospital staff will read the message to them.
We will not be able to confirm that individual letters have been passed on and read. However, if there is a problem in identifying the patient or delivering the letter we will let you know that it has not been passed on.