The Parcels for Patients (P4P) service has set up to support inpatients unable to have visitors due to COVID-19 and enables friends and relatives to deliver essential care packages to their loved ones.
Friends and relatives can also collect items from patients on the wards via the service.
- Friends and relatives can drop parcels Monday to Friday 10:00–16:00 and Saturday and Sunday, 12:00–16:00 to the following locations:
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham’s main entrance, charity hub
- Good Hope Hospital’s Richard Salt Unit entrance
- Heartlands Hospital’s main entrance
- On arriving with packages, friends/relatives are asked to complete a form with the details of the patient and the package.
- All packages are wrapped in a cleanable material such as plastic and sealed and labelled with the patient’s name and ward.
- Please do not bring in large or bulky items into the hospital for your relatives. Any items should be able to fit into the bedside locker otherwise they will prevent effective cleaning of the patient bays. Large suitcases and bags will not be accepted, nor will other large items such as cuddly toys or duvets.