Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 22 September 2021
GP imaging referral advice
All plain film referrals must be booked appointments only.
There will be no CT or MR.
UHB commit to reviewing all pre-existing pathways, starting with neurology and headache, shoulder imaging and low back pain, to be completed and agreed by 1 August.
Ultrasound will be carried out as per BMUS national guidance.
Referrals can be made for:
- right upper quadrant pain
- persistent abnormal liver function test
- testicular US (cancer)
- gynaecology/pelvic scans
- rapid increase in size of superficial/deep soft tissue masses
- persistently enlarged lymph nodes in the neck
Referrals cannot be made for:
- scrotal pain
- change in bowel habit
- polycystic ovaries
- follow up of long standing lumps and bumps
|Area of interest||Yes||No|
|Soft tissue mass||