At University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) we work with our doctors to ensure they can focus on high quality patient care. We supply in-depth training and development for all of our staff.
UHB provides the following services to consultants and clinicians:
Higher value services
Consultants are not charged for using consulting rooms at the hospital sites. Consulting rooms are available on a non-discriminatory basis in accordance with the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014.
- We provide ongoing training and development for all our staff, regardless of whether they see private patients or not, including mandatory training
- We offer services to facilitate efficient patient admission, administration and billing, in line with standard operations within UHB
- Insurance and indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of NHS patients
Basic workplace amenities
- Stationery is available to staff and people working at UHB generally
- Mail services are available to staff and those working at UHB generally
- Tea, coffee, refreshments and meals are available to staff and those working at UHB generally
General marketing and promotional services able to operate
- Production of consultant directories and website profiles
- General promotional events such as hospital based and offsite seminars with consultant or health care professional speakers
Clinician financial interests
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of clinicians practicing at their facilities who have shares or a financial interest in those facilities. UHB has no referring clinicians who fall into this category.
Last reviewed: 31 October 2021