Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 16 October 2017
Single rooms, tall cranes: new hospital facts and figures
There are 30 theatres: 23 inpatient theatres and 7 day case theatres. Theatres are identified as:
- There are separate dedicated visitor and patient lifts
- 44% of inpatient beds are single rooms. The rest are four-bed, single-sex rooms
- All inpatient bedrooms have en suite bathrooms
- All wards have clinical handwash basins at their entrances to support hand hygiene
Did you know?
- More than 10,000 tons of steel was used to build the new hospital - that is equivalent to the weight of 83 blue whales and, if you consider the heart of a blue whale to be the same size as a hatchback car, that's a lot of steel
- Approximately 225,000 cubic metres of ground was excavated - that's enough to fill 90 Olympic-sized swimming pools
- About 55,000 metres of concrete foundation piles were bored into the ground - which is 35 miles, or roughly the distance from Birmingham to Worcester
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.