Coronavirus information

Visitor restrictions, information for patients and more.

View coronavirus information

Browse site A – Z

Your views

Your Views

Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.

Your views

You are here:

Date: 18 October 2021

Time: 02:53

How would I be referred to a dietitian?

You may be referred to a dietitian by your nurse or doctor if they feel that it is necessary.

If you are a patient on a ward at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB), you can ask your nurse or doctor to refer you to a dietitian. A dietitian will then come to see you on the ward.

If you are under a consultant as an outpatient you can ask your consultant to refer you to the dietitian - we have booked clinics on all sites.

If you are not under a consultant at UHB, your GP can refer you to the community dietitians who may hold clinics at your GP surgery.

For information on dietary advice for children, please contact the Dietetic Department at Birmingham Children's Hospital, or your local community dietitians via your GP surgery.

We're improving the accessibility of our websites. If you can't access any content or if you would like to request information in another format, please view our accessibility statement.