Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 4 August 2021
Renal young adult clinic
The young adult renal service supports young adults in the adult setting, whether they are transitioning into adult services from children’s services or needing treatment for the first time in young adulthood. We care for patients between the ages of 16 and 24 years. The young adult team consists of consultant nephrologists, a young adult support nurse, youth worker, pharmacist and psychologist.
The clinics are mainly held at the Centre for Rare Diseases, but on occasion are held in outpatients in the main hospital building too.
Young adult leads:
- Dr Graham Lipkin - Consultant Nephrologist
- Dr Tanya Pankhurst - Consultant Nephrologist
Young adult leads for immunological disease:
- Dr Peter Hewins - Consultant Nephrologist
Young adult lead for peritoneal dialysis:
- Dr Lavanya Kamesh - Consultant Nephrologist
Other members of the team:
- Sister Amanda Smith - Renal Recipient Transplant Coordinator / Support Nurse for Young Adults in Renal
- Aimee Williams, Advanced Practitioner in Renal Transplantation
- Mark Thompson - Renal Youth Worker
- Saehara Khan - Renal Pharmacist
- Sarah Logan - Renal Inflammatory Disease Specialist Nurse
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that links to other websites will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of external web pages.