The Research Application Support (RAS) team helps researchers develop ideas and provides a pre-award grant facilitation advice.
Support is available to all researchers preparing academic studies for funding applications that involve University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB):
- samples, or
Working across the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN), Birmingham Health Partners (BHP) and beyond, the RAS team supports high-quality research grant applications that involve academic and industry partners and signpost researchers to specialist expertise.
The RAS team:
- identify support services and provide signposting to key infrastructure teams
- check grants have been appropriately costed to ensure NHS deliverability and meet NIHR and funder guidelines
- facilitate letters of support and sign off for lead NHS sites
- facilitate the submission of award grants to the UHB Board of Directors to ensure efficient post award contracting
- review research funder feedback to aid future submissions
- identify new funding opportunities
Last reviewed: 28 April 2021