Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 26 September 2021
Instrument calibration service
RRPPS provides a high quality calibration and repair service for a wide range of diagnostic X-ray and radiation protection instrumentation. Experienced and knowledgeable staff can provide standard calibrations, or calibrations where special conditions apply, all with fast turn round times. The instrument calibration service is used by customers including:
- medical equipment manufacturers
- NHS medical physics departments
- specialist calibration companies
Why choose RRPPS to calibrate your instruments?
- Our experience in radiation instrument calibration dates back to the late 1980s
- The instrument calibration service provides over 14,000 calibrations per year to customers from the UK and internationally
- RRPPS operates a management system accredited to BS EN ISO 9001:2015
- All of our calibrations are traceable to national standards for the X-ray radiation qualities produced to IEC and ISO standards
- Protection instruments are calibrated in accordance with the NPL Measurement Good Practice Guides and ISO 4037:2019. Although no longer a requirement of ISO 4037, RRPPS use Am-241 as a reference source for protection instruments as an additional check for more comprehensive characterisation of instrument performance
- Purpose-built laboratories with easy access from the Midlands motorway network. Situated on the Kings Norton Business Centre, there is good access to RRPPS for delivering and collecting instruments
- RRPPS has no formal links with any instrument manufacturer, so you can be assured of our unbiased expertise in all aspects of instrument calibration and repair
- A 10-day turnaround is offered, although instruments can usually be calibrated quicker in urgent cases (there may be an extra charge for this service)
- As part of our comprehensive calibration service we also offer an electronics repair service. (No repairs are carried out without your acceptance of our written quotation)
- RRPPS have been a member of the Ionising Radiations Metrology Forum (IRMF) since its inauguration in 1990 and regularly participate in this group's national inter-comparisons
Facilities and expertise available
Our purpose built laboratories are available for bespoke calibration/type test work by prior arrangement.
A service is available for irradiation of personal dosemeters on either the ICRU body phantom, rod phantom or head phantom. A range of ISO narrow series x-ray beams from 15kVp – 300kVp (and at various angles) can be provided to assist you in meeting the performance requirements specified in BS 62387 “Radiation protection instrumentation – Passive integrating dosimetry systems for environmental & personal monitoring Part 1: General characteristics & performance requirements”.
For further information, please contact:
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Technical enquiries: Joanne Johnson, John Lewis
63 Melchett Road
Kings Norton Business Centre
Birmingham, B30 3HP
Telephone: 0121 371 7000