Skip to main content

How can I see a dietitian?

You may be referred to a dietitian at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) by your healthcare team if they feel it is necessary. This will be done electronically via the Prescribing Information and Communication System (PICS).

If you are:

  • a patient on a ward, you can ask to be referred to a dietitian
  • seeing a consultant as an outpatient, you can ask your consultant to refer you to a dietitian to be seen in an outpatient clinic
  • not under a consultant at UHB, please speak to your GP about being referred to a community dietitian

For information on dietary advice for children, please ask your GP for referral to the appropriate children’s service.

Last reviewed: 12 July 2022