Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 4 August 2021
The BCHI assessment
The initial assessment will be with an audiologist and may last up to two hours. You are very welcome to bring a partner, family member or friend with you.
The assessment may involve the following:
- Discussion about your hearing loss, general health and reasons for referral
- Hearing test
- Assessment of your current hearing aids
- Discussion of the hearing options available to you – it may be that another type of aid may be more suitable for you
- Hearing aid refitting if appropriate
- Explanation of how the BCHI works
At the end of the assessment you will know whether your hearing loss is suitable for a BCHI and can decide if you wish to consider having one fitted. You will then be given an opportunity to have a home trial with a BCHI on a headband and a further review appointment will be booked.
If after the trial you decide to go ahead with a BCHI, an appointment will be booked with one of the consultants in the BCHI team to discuss surgery.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Audiology Centre has achieved national accreditation with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). Accreditation number: IQIPS 7978.