Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 12 June 2021
How to make a referral to the Upper GI department
We accept referrals from GPs, other healthcare professionals and hospitals, for the following:
- Investigation of suspected cancers of the oesophagus and stomach
- Diagnostic or therapeutic upper GI endscopic procedures, including balloon dilatation and feeding tube insertion
- Surgical resection of cancers of oesophagus (oesophagectomy) and stomach (gastrectomy)
- Palliative stent insertion for cancers
- Investigation and surgical management of gastro-oesophageal reflux, including revisional surgery
- Surgical management of gallstones, including cholecystectomy and bile duct exploration
- Surgical management of para-oesophageal or hiatus hernia, including revisional operations
- Achalasia and other oesophageal motility disorders
- Common general surgical conditions, such as abdominal wall or groin hernias and lesions requiring excision
Referrals can be faxed to us at 0121 371 5896 or you can email our secretaries (see contact us page, below).