Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 25 September 2020
The Vascular Laboratory is a small team of four qualified professionals, including two vascular scientists, a vascular sonographer and a vascular physiologist.
We conduct a comprehensive range of tests including the following:
- Ankle Brachial Pressure Index (ABPI)
- Ultrasound assessment of/for the following:
- Carotid arteries
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Lower limb arteries and veins
- Upper limb arteries and veins
- Pre-operative vasculature assessment for coronary artery bypass and renal transplantation surgery
- Post-op assessment for EVAR, EVLT and form sclerotherapy
- Arterial thoracic outlet syndrome
We work very closely with the vascular surgery team to offer a 'one-stop' outpatient scan service alongside the vascular surgeons' clinics. We also provide 'one-stop' service for both the TIA and DVT clinics.
Any GP requests will be considered via the vascular surgical referral pathway. We also accept direct referrals from all other specialties within the Trust.
As we are part of a teaching hospital, the vascular laboratory takes an active role in training new clinical scientists, medical students and other medical professionals; who may be involved in a supervised capacity in tests. Your consent for this will always be obtained beforehand.
For more information, we can be contacted on:
Tel: 0121 371 5482
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.