Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 28 May 2017
Flexible visiting 11:00 – 20:00
Our visiting times are 11:00 – 20:00 daily, including weekends.
Our priority is to provide the best in care to our patients, and we recognise the invaluable role that carers and family members play. That’s why we welcome visitors and support flexible visiting times to suit patients’ and families’ individual needs.
What we ask of our visitors
- Please be polite and courteous to staff, other patients and visitors
- Please do not disturb nursing staff when they are administering medications (drug rounds). Other staff will be available if you need anything. If a nurse is not available to answer your queries immediately, they will come back to you
- Please be respectful to other patients and keep noise levels to a minimum; put your mobile phone on silent too
- Remember that rest is important - for you and for the person you are visiting. Please allow them and other patients the opportunity to rest
- You are welcome to assist the person you are visiting at mealtimes, with their agreement. Please speak to the nurse in charge before assisting.
- Please nominate one person to liaise with staff and pass on information to family/friends, and remember that information cannot be given unless the patient has given their permission
- Please wait off the ward if the person you are visiting is absent from the ward for treatment
- Please understand that you may be asked to wait outside / in the ward waiting area, if required, to protect the privacy and dignity of the person you are visiting or others in their bay
You can read our Visitor Charter below for guidance on what you can expect when visiting patients on our wards.
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.