Your feedback is vital to us as we continue to increase the quality of our services.
You are here:
Date: 30 March 2020
Car parking at our hospitals
Parking should only be in the designated public car parking areas.
Parking restrictions on access roads are marked with yellow and red lines to ensure a smooth flow of traffic in and around the hospital. Red lines (no stopping or waiting) are in place outside the Emergency Department and on primary routes around the hospital site. Vehicle speeds are limited to 20mph. All car parks have good lighting and are fitted with CCTV cameras.
Parking for blue badge holders is available in the following locations:
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB)
- In car parks A2 and D
- Heritage Building (Queen Elizabeth Hospital)
- On Mindelsohn Way (formerly main drive), near the entrance to the hospital and the Cancer Centre
- Outside the East Block Day Unit on Mindelsohn Way
Free parking is also available to patients with a long-term illness or serious condition requiring daily or regular treatment – e.g. radiotherapy, renal, chemotherapy and regularly attending mental health day patients – who park within the parking areas assigned to them and display the appropriate authorisation.
Disabled parking is free in designated disabled areas only. For free disabled parking in a car park with a barrier:
Car Park D
- Drive to the exit
- Press the intercom
- Present your blue badge to the camera in the barrier terminal
- The car parking host will approve and raise the barrier
Car Park A
In Car Park A only, blue badge holders who are parked here will need to attend the Q-Park office on Level 2 of the car park to get their badge inspected and their parking ticket validated for free exit.
Please note that:
- the blue badge does not have to be displayed in the car once it’s parked in a designated disabled area – take it with you and present it at the office on the way to or way back from your appointment
- the holder of the blue badge should be in attendance to claim free exit where possible
- if you are dropping off or picking up a patient, the patient will need to accompany the vehicle driver to the office
- there will no longer be a requirement to use the intercom on the barrier in this car park
- disabled parking is free in designated disabled areas only
If you have any queries about these changes, please contact Q-Park using the intercom or by calling:
Tel: 0121 426 5568
|Up to 1 hour||£3.10|
|Up to 3 hours||£4.60|
|Up to 4 hours||£5.30|
|Up to 5 hours||£6.10|
|Up to 6 hours||£6.90|
|Up to 8 hours||£7.60|
|Over 8 hours||£15.30|
To purchase a weekly car parking ticket, please follow the steps below.
Car Park A
If parking in Car Park A, you are required to visit the Q-Park Office to make your weekly ticket purchase. The pay station machines will not provide a weekly ticket option.
Car Park D
If you have parked in Car Park D, please be aware that the pay station machine will not automatically allow the purchase of a weekly ticket and you are required to press the intercom button on the pay station machine.
Please confirm to the Q-Park operator that you are a patient, visitor or carer and wish to purchase a weekly ticket. The pay station machine will be activated to allow you to continue with your purchase of a weekly car park ticket.
Please speak to a member of Q-Park staff at the car parking office in Car Park A if you have any queries.
If you are in receipt of certain benefits you are entitled to claim for travel costs and car parking charges for appointments for NHS treatment.
To find out if you can claim, please visit the travel costs page.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
- Credit card
- Debit card
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) and the Heritage Building (Queen Elizabeth Hospital) have a free shuttle bus service, which runs from 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday. It carries patients, visitors and staff from car parks to QEHB, Birmingham Women's Hospital, the Heritage Building and the Mental Health Trust.
There are drop-off areas outside the QEHB Main Entrance and Emergency Department entrance. Details of the route and pick-up/drop-off points are available in the map below.
For more information on the free shuttle bus, please contact Q-Park.
Tel: 0121 426 5568
Information about travelling to, staying at and getting around the hospital.
Jobs at UHB
A great place to work. Learn why.