The Birmingham Neuroendocrine Tumour (NET) Centre is based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB).
It is a European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society certified Centre of Excellence, providing a specialist service to patients for over 30 years.
We deliver the latest cancer therapies to patients, including:
- medical treatments for carcinoid syndrome
- highly specialised cancer surgery
- carcinoid heart disease surgery
- nuclear medicine 'magic bullet' treatments such as Lutetium radionuclide therapy (called PRRT)
- targeted chemotherapies such as everolimus and sunitinib
- complex radiological interventions including radiofrequency ablation and trans-arterial embolisation
- urology treatments
- dietary advice
- psychological and social support
We aim to provide a patient-focused service that is also convenient to access; all NET patients are managed according to individualised treatment plans.
Last reviewed: 05 April 2023