The colorectal teams at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB) are involved in the diagnosis, as well as surgical and medical management, of conditions affecting the lower bowel, i.e. the colon, rectum and anus.
The colorectal team includes surgeons, oncologists, specialist nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Our services include:
- medical management for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- surgical treatment for a number of bowel-related conditions and diseases
- medical treatment (oncology) for colon, rectal and anal cancers
- radiotherapy treatment
- stoma care
- the Functional Bowel Service
- the Intestinal Failure Unit
Advice and refer
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is implementing advice and refer as the only referral process for the service, using the advice and guidance functionality on the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS). This will not change for cancer and two week wait (2WW) referrals.
For further information for patients, please see our advice and refer page.