Safeguarding our patients and visitors, both children and adults, is a key priority at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB).
If you think a child is at immediate risk of danger, please call the Police.
The Safeguarding team at UHB provide:
The team are actively engaged with local adult and child safeguarding boards to ensure a joined up approach to safeguarding with other partner organisations.
The team includes:
- head of safeguarding and named nurse for children team (acute and community)
- named doctors for safeguarding children
- lead nurse and doctor for safeguarding adults
- named midwife and team of specialist midwives
- safeguarding trainer
- administrative and PA support
- 0121 424 9235 (available from 09:00 – 17:00)
- 07976 255 169
Child welfare concerns
Contact social services if you have a concern about a child’s welfare.
Birmingham social care
- 0121 303 1234
- 0121 675 4806 (out-of-hours)
Solihull social care
- 0121 788 4333
- 0121 605 6060 (out-of-hours)
Staffordshire social care
- 03456042886 (out-of-hours)
The NSPCC and Childline are available to offer help, advice and support.
Adult welfare concerns
If you are concerned about an adult that lives in the Birmingham or Solihull area, please contact the relevant council.
Birmingham City Council
- 0121 303 1234 (select option one)
- Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board
Last reviewed: 27 July 2021