Safeguarding our patients and visitors, both children and adults, is a key priority at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB).
If you think a child is at immediate risk of danger, please call the Police.
The Safeguarding team at UHB provide:
The team are actively engaged with local adult and child safeguarding boards to ensure a joined up approach to safeguarding with other partner organisations.
The team includes:
- head of safeguarding and named nurse for children team (acute and community)
- named doctors for safeguarding children
- lead nurse and doctor for safeguarding adults
- named midwife and team of specialist midwives
- safeguarding trainer
- administrative and PA support
Child welfare concerns
Contact social services if you have a concern about a child’s welfare.
Birmingham social care
Solihull social care
Staffordshire social care
The NSPCC and Childline are available to offer help, advice and support.
Adult welfare concerns
If you are concerned about an adult that lives in the Birmingham or Solihull area, please contact the relevant council.
Birmingham City Council
Last reviewed: 27 July 2021