The Alcohol Care Team supports patients with alcohol related illnesses, mainly those who are alcohol dependent.
The team provides specialist treatment and interventions such as medically assisted withdrawal regimes and pathways to ensure patients are cared for safely during admission to hospital.
The service also provides psychosocial intervention and liaises with other hospitals and community services to provide patients with care pathways that improve the likelihood of remaining alcohol free.
The Alcohol Care Team currently operates at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, but the service will be rolled out to Good Hope and Heartlands hospitals.
The team consists of five specialist nurses who have a wide range of backgrounds and knowledge of addiction and alcohol-related liver disease.
- Helen Jenkinson, Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Lisa Waterhouse, Alcohol Service Practitioner
- Hayley Bauhadoor, Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Emma Finlay, Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Georgia O’Donnell, Clinical Nurse Specialist
The service operates between 08:00 – 16:00 from Monday – Friday.
Last reviewed: 09 January 2023